Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Musings on Miracles

I am so filled with happiness and joy! I have finally been released from troubles that have appeared to be hanging over my head. The last puzzle piece fell into place and I am grasping truth that is now setting me free. I have been liberated. The Lord never lets me down.

I did something really hard yesterday, something that I didn't want to do, but I did it because I needed to be obedient. Sometime between then and now, I gained peace and understanding about the situation and about my life and the trials that have been happening over the last year or so. I don't feel trapped by myself anymore. I feel so much freedom. I am okay with not knowing the end of my story, because I know enough of the end to pacify me. I know the Savior and who He is and so I am free from earthly cares and worries. Hallelujah!

I am constantly amazed at the mercy the Lord shows me. He teaches me again and again and when I falter, He catches me and teaches me again. By doing the hard thing, I gained the blessings that I needed to understand my purpose in the situation. What a terrific trade off.

I feel a love for people today in a brand-new-explosive-take-action-kind-of-way. It suddenly didn't matter if they loved me at all, only that I love them. What a powerful experience that was for me. At last, I was not the first person on my list and instead of feeling awful and deprived, I felt joyful and overflowing with good feelings.
My life slammed into perspective and I realized that I have been horribly distracted by problems that aren't really significant. I don't really have any problems. I just need to go about my business of serving the Lord in my unique way. I need to fulfill my divine mission and keep my focus outward.

It is probably true that I have learned this lesson before and forgotten it. It is beautiful to be reminded again. And if I forget again, please remind me to reread this blog entry.

May the Lord's blessings fall upon each one of you. Thank you for your love.

No comments: