Monday, June 30, 2008

Fall Right into You

This is the first poem that I wrote after many years of silence. I am posting it in celebration of the creativity that was ignited in me almost a year ago and to show gratitude for the gift.

You searched me and I knew you
You saw me and I saw you too
You gently loved me with your eyes
I am aching to fall right into you

I startle at the mention of your name
I begin to cry but try to restrain
You have turned me inside out
Yet I will never complain

I am joyful in the journey
Grateful for the glance
Happy for the happenstance
That was so much more than chance

I know what you can do for me
You can see me perfectly
With all heart, soul, body and breath
This bond transcends the bands of death

For I will wait if I must
I will walk on, and I will trust
For I know that I someday must
Fall right back into you

I will know you there again
You are my deepest, closest friend
God alone can see me through
All this time as I wait for you

I will wait until all earth is past
And you will be there at the last
Standing, holding, loving me
Throughout all of eternity

There we will stay for forever
There no time will tick by
I will be you, you will be me
We will exist eternally

Wrapped round and round each other’s arms
We will be protected from any harm
We will be more than we could ever be
As one, we’ll create eternally

No comments: