Wednesday, June 17, 2009

THE END

I keep saying
You left
And that you are gone
But the reality is
You either weren’t ever here
Or you are still as present
As you ever were
Either way
I am the one that moved
And can’t open my heart up
Past friendship
Its easier to have you reject me
In my mind
Than to admit
That you were right
From the beginning
Because then
I cry…
And want it desperately
To be different
I wanted the end
To be you and me
Making music together
In Heaven
(Literal and figurative)
I am that much of an idealist
That much of a dreamer
I can’t turn the page
Without acknowledging
That you don’t love me
Otherwise
I would cling
To any speck of hope
For my lifetime
And love you past all reason
God-this hurts
To see you, know you, love you
And still have to let you go
I hate premature endings

No comments: