Monday, May 24, 2010

What you don't know...

I love you enough
To let you go
To stay right here
And you don't know
That I have changed
My heart toward you
Given up the goal
Of a love that's true
I will not allow you
To be sad over me
Because you think
You can't be what I need
Though I think you are wrong
About a couple of things
I won't have you hurt
Over my heart's strings-
We are tethered-Tis true
By choice and by fate
But it's shrouded in friendship
so gently I closed the gate
I love you my friend
To the depth of my soul
The best that I have
To give is my goal
Scattered to the wind
I release my hearts hope
To be with you forever
And silently cope
I give up the desire
I relinquish the plan
Of standing beside you
And holding your hand
I love you enough
To let you go
And stay right here
So you never know....

No comments: