Monday, March 8, 2010

GRACE & GRIEF

I am seeing the whole
from the ebb and flow
Of gaining wisdom
Oh so slow
Of realizing truth
And then believing
Another lie
Of staving the voices
That contradict
And invite
The madness
And then the peace
Resigned to the knowledge
the battle will never cease
No matter how hard I try
No matter how much I love
No matter how much faith
I have in my God above
This life is wrought with beauty
But it’s riddled too, with strife
It haunts me as it blesses
Wielding weakness like a knife
Sharpening my senses
Making acute what was dull
Taking me to new heights
Making my joy full
Blending blood in with the bounty
Sorrow with the pain
Joy comes in the morning
Darkness echoes its refrain
It beckons to me still
After years have come and gone
And I search for equilibrium
On an angry sea of wrongs
Trying to wrap it up
Life’s meaning in a song
Trying to end on hope
That is where I belong
But I falter as I try
to live with the dichotomy
I have to make peace with it
or else have a lobotomy...

1 comment:

Julianne said...

FYI-the ending is supposed to be funny. I had a serious one but the funny one made me laugh and in the end, that won out!

It may have ruined the sentiment but it was worth it. :)