Monday, December 14, 2009

Settling into Truth

Settling into my truth
Regardless of what he needs
Or what we can bring to the table
His soul; my soul, it feeds
I wish to be needed by him
But whether allowed or not
He is spectacular to me
Life lessons, I have been taught
And I can't change how I feel
No matter how I soothe
But I can be transformed
And embrace the vulnerable truth
It's easier to hold,
Fluid in my hands
Than rationalizations gone awry
that I couldn't understand
I can never be good enough,
To repay him for all he's done
He'll either be mine or he won’t
Yet in this middle, shines the sun
And I'm not going away
Or refusing a smaller part
If that is what I'm blessed with
I'll keep him in my heart
And nothing's wrong with me
And nothing's wrong with him
Merely because we stopped
Just short
Of what might have been
Ain't got nothing but time
To see what happens to grow
Friendship, soulmate, lover- for-a-time
Only God really knows
On this path I'm taking
What I know and what I feel
He and I will always
Make connections that heal
So somewhere in between
My love and my friend
Lies this man I know
Our story never ends....

No comments: