Monday, January 28, 2008

Who are you?

I am weak
and I stumble
and mumble
truth as I am discovering it
I am not like you
I am fallen
and I trip
and flip out sometimes
I am the prodigal son
I sin
and descend
into predicaments
that are hard to extricate myself from
I don't sing hymns
every time I am tempted
sometimes I swear instead
I am me
and utterly imperfect
and so very real
it hurts my eyes to look into the mirror
at times
I am both
full of virtue
and awash in vice
I am both
loving
and filled with anger
in brief explosive moments of time
I am both
optimistic in the Lord
and vulnerable too
I am both
incredibly strong
and full of emotion
I can be stoic
yet I cry long and hard
when necessary
I am both
a sensual woman
and a lady with fine manners
I am both
a dancer
and a philosopher
I am both
attracted to bright light
and lulled into security by the dark
I am not "Molly Mormon"
I don't even know where she lives
and when I grow up
I don't want to be like her
I want to be me
I know I need the Savior
I will wash His feet
with my hair and tears
of joy
He has saved me
all of me
and allowed me to retain
myself
through the process
and I am so happy
with both
my moods and laughter
I am
authentic
Who are you?

No comments: