Friday, January 18, 2008

Ode To My Closet Floor

To My Mandee-who REALLY understands closet floors!

I won't miss you
as much as I thought
I don't need you
like I thought
I am surprisingly capable
on my own
though we have grown
quite attached to each other
you have comforted me
much like a mother
But...
I won't miss
my tear stained face
the rough way you held me
as we tried to embrace
I may regret
how much I laid with you
I should have found
something else to do
you may wonder
what kind of friend
would I have happily kept
and now want to end?
It was great for the time
we were together
but I can't hold on
to this forever
My face has been etched
on the floor of my closet
My tears have all been dried
I stood up and shook myself off
my grief has finally died
Too much beauty
Too much joy
Too much love
for me to toy
with my closet floor
I don't need to cry there anymore
So thank you, my friend
I am finally closing the door
I appreciate all that you tried to do
But I have moved on
and no longer need you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only you could fully understand and successfully describe the relationship between me and my closet floor. I love you and am so grateful you are my friend! This made me laugh hysterically.