Sunday, May 18, 2008

What will I find?

It has been over
For so long in my heart
I learned to fly solo
And now can't seem to start

I couldn’t keep needing you
When you were never there
My heart’s door slammed shut
And I ceased to care

I dried my tears
and killed my vulnerability
became a modern day woman
cloaked in invincibility

Chorus:
But if I walk away
What would I be leaving behind?
And if I turn around and stay
What might I possibly find?

Are there treasured moments
Of intimacy I can’t yet see
Are there mountains of memories
Of love between you and me?

And If open up again
And if I stay
I am vulnerable to that pain
That just barely went away

I am not certain
That I can make it through
One more time
Of needing you

And having you be gone
In body or in spirit
I am not convinced
that I am strong enough to bear it

Chorus

But what kind of woman
Would I really be
If I didn’t explore you
And truly try to see?

Last Chorus:

I won’t walk away
I’ll see what I’d be leaving behind
I will turn around and stay
And love what I find

There are treasured moments
Of intimacy I can’t yet see
There are mountains of memories
Of love between you and me

No comments: